Saturday, January 03, 2009

things then, now, and later.

i decided that today, was the day to post. lately i have been doing pretty much the same things. i couldnt find anything to say. or anything i wanted to really talk about on here. plus, people dont really get on blogger anymore. i guess that i have kinda fallen into that as well.

holly got home new years eve. i was so happy. i cant stand having part of my family missing from everyday life. missing at all, better said. its just not the same. holly is all fixed! she has a new bum:-) last night, holly slept with me for about two hours. she was so adorable. i gave her a little room when i actually fell asleep... i was worried about rolling over on her. but when she would wake up, her little hand would reach out, and search around till she found me. she would proceed to grab at my arm and shirt. i cuddled up to her, and she would fall back asleep. i just love her!! she is so adorable and has a wonderful little personality. i cant imagine what life would have been like without her.

i went surfing for the first time since august. i seriously lost the strength. literally. my arms were so dead that i couldnt paddle. once that happened, i forced myself to paddle even though my arms were barely moving, which made me out of breath, so by the time i went to stand up, i was all weak and tired. haha! it is a vicious cycle. i am going to start going out more. ill get the strength back;) we went with a couple friends. it was so awesome! we had a great time. after that, we went out to eat at longboards. man, that place is so good!

i got a pretty good injury today, while i was surfing. i was riding a wave and another lady like cut in and ran into me. i wasnt mad though. but- i messed up my hand. i didnt feel it at the time because my hands were so numb. i sure as heck felt it later, and kinda now. i took a little something for the pain.

oh! yesterday, dean, jake, and i went down to panchos and bought a few things. dean and jake got wetsuits, and i got some booties to complete my wetsuit. they really helped with todays surfing trip. i also got an epic pair of glasses. i have been looking for for a long time. i am pretty stoked about them. but then, i left them in my friends car or on their table. sad day=( however, he'll drop them off tomorrow though. so its all good:-)

my aunt julie cam up with three of her boys, today. there are four boys, but one was at the lake )or was it the river) with his dad. so he didnt come... which is a bummer, because i wanted to take him surfing. oh well. next time:-) i am not sure what we will be doing while they are here. i think they will be here for four or five days. so yes. we shall see.

3 comments:

Adam said...

Surfing was so fun! We need to go more because you need to build your surfing strength. ;) But you didn't leave your glasses in my car. They were at home! And I went out in the cold to look for them. Twice! haha. C=

Amandolin said...

i know! and i am so sorry. eh:( it makes me feel bad.

Adam said...

haha, don't feel bad. there is no reason to. I'm happy to do things for you. ;)