Saturday, November 07, 2009

Transperant

What is it about driving at night that is so soothing to the mind? Somehow, whenever I drive at night, I always seem to fall deep into the melody of thought. My thoughts drift like the changing of the sea, into different moods and different lights. Sometimes music, softly spilling from my radio, like Coldplay's Yellow, create the perfect back drop to the blurs of nature and structures and light as I fly by them. Though sometimes, I prefer to be in silence. In silence, with nothing but the sound of my tires treading asphalt and the wind I create as my move. I find the red and white lights illuminated by the cars, passing and driving with me, to be strangely warming. When I drive at night, I always feel like I am moving faster. That I have entered a time warp of sorts. And as my thoughts drift on, the lights of the cars moving around me melt into bright, flashing blurs... Defined against the blackness of the night sky. Driving becomes more of a sub-conscious action as I fade out of reality. I signal to turn off the free way, and it is nothing more than pure method driving me. For my mind has gone. Gone wandering to different lands... Skipping from the life of one thought to another. Somehow, though I can scarcely be considered coherent, I manage to slow down and stop at the designated times, turn where and when I need to, and end up where I initially started off to. Despite the fact that my mind has really forgotten all about where I was headed.

No comments: