Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Fallow and Fruitful: The Torture of Art

There are artists that just touch your 
creative desires and, to an extent, touch your soul.
They get to you in a 
way that you never knew possible. 
Suddenly, and all at once, 
you are pulling out every art supply you own, trying
to incorporate the movement in their art, in yours. 
Hopefully, with your individual style and without down right
plagiarizing their work.

What is it? The need to create art...?
The innate need to create happens at the weirdest times,
and goes fallow during a time
you NEED to have a piece done for an art class, 
or when you are yearning to
create something, but have absolutely no inspiration.

I feel as though I am slowly emerging from my time of
fallowness in inspiration and ability.
And I know how it began.
Over this past weekend, during my quiet time with the Lord,
I asked Him to help me.
I felt so discouraged in so many ways. One of the ways in which
I felt discouraged was, the 
fact that I want to be an artist but haven't been able to
produce a single piece of art work.

I prayed that He would always be within my ability of art, and
that I would glorify Him through 
each of my creations. As well as that I would 
be reminded daily that
my ability in the artistic world (if indeed I do have that ability)
is not my own ability, but His.
That He only chose to bestow it upon me to better
serve Him and His plan.
After all, look at his creations! He is truly
the master artist.

Bridgette Guerzon Mills: Mixed Media Artist
Title: Forever Constant


No comments: