Thursday, September 14, 2006

september 15th...

well, tomorrow is carter's birthday. he will be a whole three years old. oh man, i cant believe it. three years ago, on september 15th, i took my siblings out to the play room that was seprate from our house.... eating cherios and apple sause for meals and watching lord of the rings... patiently waiting for him to finally be here... and he came.
let me tell you, carter has put up with a lot these few short years, in his life so far. he has already done some crazy stunts. (becoming a dare devil at an early age.) haha.... well, its kinda sad really. i can remeber this one time when he was around nine months old and my uncle thought it would be fun to push him, in his push car, down the stairs leading to the lower area of the acre and a half we lived on. despite the fact that i told him that we would be better off, it this just didnt happen, he decided to not pay heed to my caution. so he, starts decending down, the stairs, when he suddenly lost his footing and fell forward... giving carters little car, a very nice push... carter went flying down the stairs, with me not too far in toe, and did a flip... ladding upside down. yes, if it werent for the little seat belt holding him in.... he would have died, or at least been pretty significantly injured. to say the least, my uncle almost died that day too. (we later found my uncle hiding in a tree. no lie.) then of course i was a little bit of a help in the developing of his dare devilness... i enjoyied, pushing him all around yard at full speed, in yet again his little red push car. mind you, he enjoied it just as much as i did. course, my mom wasnt too thrilled.... basiclly, in these three years, he has encountered many more crazy stunts like these. given the exception of one... in just a sightly different situation. which my mom also wanted to kill someone for... months after his second birthday, a friend of mine asked him if he would like his head to be farted on... to which, my inocent two year old brother replied," sure!" haha, ya. and carters head was farted on. after which he said," oh no! you poopied!" haha.... ya, that person doesnt know how closely life would have ended. (i dont think my mom would have seriously killed my friend... thats just what she said...)
anyways, enough with memeories... tomorrow, for his birthday, carter wants to go to the muh-zoo. (ya, he hasnt quite gotten the hang of the word 'zoo' yet.) so, hes excited. i think we all are. none of us have been to the santa barbra zoo yet. so, yes... a day at the zoo. which carter swears he came from... again, no lie.

1 comment:

jordie said...

ha ha i love that little boy, he's so cute. ( : i remember when i first met you and I thought your nickname for him was so cute...and it seemed to get shorter and shorter everytime I came over - but still way cute. ( :

I love that zoo...when we lived in santa barbara, my parents would take me every week as a baby. And if you go see the lions, you'll see how amazingly close you can get. It used to be closer....
....so one day, as i was innocently sitting in my stoller infront of the lion exhibit, this huge Muffasah Simba lion came up and roared RIGHT IN MY FACE. Like a legit ROAR, in my face. Needless to say i was a bit shaken up. But by the time i got over it, and my parents convinced me i was fine and safe to go back to the zoo, i faced the lion. And you know what happened?

He did it AGAIN.

its a wonder i still like that zoo. ( :