Sunday, December 20, 2009

Jesus is our Peace.

I had something meaningful to blog about the other day, but somewhere in the holiday rush I forgot to post and lost it. Whether or not it will be found again, will remain a mystery... Until, should I remember, I post it...Whatever it was.

(some gifts for this Christmas. Please excuse my hands... they have a tendency to get really dry and ugly in the winter:/ )


I can't believe that Christmas is just in four short days... So crazy... Well five, if you actually count Christmas morning. I feel ill prepared and lost in the flurry of Christmas activity. I can't believe that I was able to finish shopping for three people in an hour the other day... Including, going into the mall... No matter how lame a mall is (cough*, like ours, cough cough**), they always seem to fill with people, all sharing the same mission; Christmas shopping... I always try to make as many of my gifts as possible. I have had so much fun with that this year! Including a piece of art done in pastels:) I love the feeling of pastel stain fingers... Or charcoal stained fingers. I love the feeling it gives me. A sort of satisfying excitement of accomplishment.

I seemed to have pulled a muscle or strained a tendon in my right shoulder. It is driving me insane. Even the smallest of movements seems to send a little pain through my upper arm. How I did this exactly, I have no idea. Ugh, it is so nagging!

I heard something in church today that really stuck with me. I loved the whole sermon! Our pastor is really wonderful. But this phrase really stuck to my heart," Jesus is our peace." There is something deep and profound about that short phrase. Something that just strums the right chord in your heart, mind, and soul: Gratitude, joy, happiness, love, thankfulness, reverence, honor... Our Lord is so great and compassionate to us, His disobedient children. He sent His son into this world to live among and gather up his straying children... The great shepherd. Sent him, to suffer and die for our sins. Christ took the full burden of our Heavenly Father's wrath, to save us. Christ suffered, but so did the Father. He sent his unblemished lamb into the world, to suffer his hand to save people who were drowning in sin... Living it... Our Lord is so compassionate and forgiving, to give us a second chance at life.

No comments: