Monday, December 28, 2009

A Cry Of Thanksgiving


Our Father in heaven is so wonderful. Why do I let myself get scared or worried? How do I fall into doubt, time and time again? He is the Great Provider. He always pulls me through. He delivers.
I cannot express my degree of thankfulness in this moment. No word or phrase could sum it up. Except my saying that no word or phrase could sum it up...
I reach such a low, and become a basket case and a train wreck. Constantly threading my fingers through my hair and stare off into the void with a panicked expression and a heart heavy with stress and worry. Will He hear my desperate prayer, my desperate cry for deliverance? He always does. He reaches down from heaven and wraps his arms around me. Embracing my lack of faith and renews it. Filling my body and soul with peace, lifting my heavy heart with His light.
My God and Father delivers me. He delivers me, his wayward child. His disobedient, rebellious, forgetfull, weak child. For this I am more thankful than I ever knew I could be. And yet, this thankfulness continues to grow, reaching immeasurable heights.

"1 Shout out praises to he Lord, all the earth!
2 Worship the Lord with joy! Enter his presence
with joyful singing.
3 Acknowledge that the Lord is God! He made us
and we belong to Him; we are His pasture.
4 Enter His gates with thanksgiving, and His
courts with praise! Give Him thanks, praise
His name!
5 For the Lord is good. His loyal love endures,
and He is faithful through all the generations.:

Psalm 100

No comments: