Friday, January 01, 2010

Shortboard Resolution: Day One

Well after a very far stretch of time, I went surfing today. I cannot believe the amount of time in between my last session and this one. A month? Terrible.
Though, this sort of this is going to be happening a lot less. My New Years resolution was the be able to ride a shortboard by summer, or just into the beginning of summer. SO- this will lead to much much more surfing. I am happy to say that I was able to pop up pretty fast. Which- is a good good thing. You have to be able to get up faster than you would on a longboard. I also was able to find my center and paddle pretty okay. (however, my upper body strength is extremely lacking!)
To aid in strengthening the muscles I need for surfing, I found (on accident) some stretches to help build up the endurance and muscle (which is capital, because I am nothing short of pathetic when it comes to paddling endurance.) Ugh! All the wasted waves! I have such a LACK of upper body strength that I take so many breaks so that I can recuperate before I actually paddle for a wave. Pathetic? Much. This is not to say I want to look like a body builder. That would be disgusting. Another plus to surfing (besides the complete all around awesomeness of it) is that it keeps you pretty toned. SO- absolutely no body builder body.
I was able to borrow a shortboard from Adam. Well, I think that it was actually his dad's board. I'm not sure. Either way, it is really nice of them:)

Slowly, it seems that we are all getting sick. I am hoping that I dont. I am feeling a sore throat coming on and am pretty sad about it. I really dont want to be sick. SO please pray for good health all around!

1 comment:

Adam said...

surfing was fun :)