Thursday, April 01, 2010

Trains, Pearls, And Emeralds

Yes another train ride.

I managed to get through my water works. I can never help it. The tears just flow when I leave and when I come back, from both places. Only this time, it was more embarassing. They handed out snacks, drinks, and called for tickets, right after we got on, which usually doesnt happen until a few minutes into the ride. So I kept my face down as far as possible to keep unknown eyes from seeing my weakness. (Not that weakness is a bad thing. Through weakness, we become more dependent on our Heavenly Father, which is right). I just don't tear up (aka cry, infront of others very well. I will snuffle it as soon as it starts peaking).

The ocean is so calming and distracting. I close my eyes and see myself on the beach, toes in the sand, hair damp with ocean spray, and face to the sun and the ocean. Into the ocean, I walk. Clothes and all. Steadily submersing myself in the cool calmness of the emerald, peacock blue water. I can feel the water around me and the foam of crashing waves. Eyes, closed, I imagine a secret, under water world. One unlike any other. A world where pearls are bubbles, white and pure. A world where emeralds sprout and grow from beneath the sand, wet and warm. All the fishes are precious metals and time passes away without recllection.

Side note* this version of Ave Maria is entrancing: LIBERA.

Flojios flip flops are so comfortable! I love their simplicity. I have a tan pair, eventually I think that a black pair would be in order.

No comments: