Monday, March 16, 2009

Last Train Ride ( late post )

Well this train is taking me home. I am always sad to leave but happy to be home. It is so confusing at times. How can you be so sad yet happy about the process and outcome of the same thing? It doesn’t make any sense to me. It is like torture. It is like a vicious cycle. You think,” how could I be so happy to leave!? Then you think,” but I am excited to be home,” missing the people there. After which you feel bad for being sad about being happy to be home. Feeling like you made the loved ones there less important. The same thing happens for the family you are leaving. It repeats itself for both places. I spose this is just how it goes with these things.

It was a good trip. Dad got home Friday morning and we all just spent time hanging around the house. Saturday brought grandma and grandpa and sushi; a late birthday for me(: I ran some errands with dad a few times. I always like to do that. They are all going to be coming out for my graduation. I am excited about that. They will stay through the weekend. Hopefully I’ll get to take dad surfing. I asked him if he would go out with me, and he said that he would(: they aren’t really sure where they will be staying yet. It is still pending.

Oh man… these things make me so motion sick. But there is nothing I can do about it! There is no window to look out of… and I can’t just sit here doing nothing. I mean this is like a six-hour trip. We are coming up to Ventura soon, half way home. Its almost five. I have spent the time so far reading and watching “Step Into Liquid.” I finished the latter but was so sick after that and reading that I had to stop reading. So I didn’t finish the book. If I were being studious, I would be reading my astronomy book. However, I fail at being studious.

I got a few Barnes N Noble cards. I am pretty excited. I miss reading! After I read the Twilight trilogy, I have just been aching for some good books. Before that I was reading the classics. I just need a break from them. I love them! Don’t get be wrong. But after a time of reading pretty much nothing but (outside of school reading of course) you get a little burnt out on them. So it is candy reading for a time. Haha! I bought “Stardust” to read on the train. Its good so far. I have a feeling that I am coming onto the good stuff.

I’m looking for a song to sing and play for my graduation, If I can’t write one and compose by then. Or if I have it might not be good… so suggestions are very welcome!! I was looking at a Priscilla Ahn song. I don’t know how many of you know her. If there is a song by her ( or even someone else ) that you think I should give a look into, let me know!!

Wow, another long post from a train. Sorry about that.

4 comments:

jordie said...

Oh I adore Stardust! Very good candy read. (:

I am now in the opposite place I was before (I love the sweet easy books,) but now I want something in depth, meaningful, thought-provoking - Ive pulled out my book list again and really want to go buy some of them.

When is your graduation?? Are you doing just a family at home thing, or will it be with a bunch of other people graduating??

Anonymous said...

Hmmm I like Stardust... well the whole series in general is really good I think (if it is the Stardust I am thinking of).

(in response to your comment on mine):
YAY GRANOLAISM!!

Amandolin said...

:) haha! ya i got half way through count of monte cristo and needed a serious break. so i have stardust and the fourth book to this series i have been reading randomly. i still have my book list too! i want so badly to accomplish reading all the books listed there.

my graduation is on the sixth of june. though i am pretty much already graduated. i mean... you know what i mean:) it is going to be with a bunch of other graduates. but a bunch of family will be there! you are more than welcome dearie:)

did you!? is stardust a series then?? hmm maybe i bought the wrong one... i wonder. mine is the one with the movie picture on the front. i never saw the movie though. did you??

haha! yes!!! Granolaism all the way!!

jordie said...

New Post time, New Post!