Monday, March 01, 2010

Summer Desire

I am SO ready for summer. 
I cannot wait for summer dresses, frilly tank tops, and shorts. 
For bathing in the sun, filling the days with surf, digging my toes in warm sand, roman sandals.

I was reading my lovely friend's post about feeling the woe's of summer fever. (Carissa's wonderful blog)
I have been complaining about this fever for the last few weeks, as well.
But alas there is nothing to be done! 
(I realized this while I stood on the balcony outside my math class today, during break.)
It is inevitable! Just when you think that it is starting to warm up, 
large grey clouds move in and dash your hopes of summer to the rocks. 

Don't get me wrong. I adore the rain. I love the sound, the smell, and all the scarves and warm sweaters that come with it. I adore the stunning green that the hills surrounding this little valley turn when the rain comes marching in. 
I also know, that when summer comes visiting, the hills will turn brown and crunchy. That the soft green will be gone.
But I miss summer! 
(After all, God did create the seasons and the change in nature for our enjoyment. For us to revel in all his glorious creation.)

Summer, please come quickly. Bathe the day in your rays of glorious, warm sunshine.
Banish school to the corner!
(Though I love school)
Bring adventure and exploration along.

2 comments:

Nathan Anders said...

when summer comes we will all have to surf together!!!!

Amandolin said...

Okay! Its a deal;)