Saturday, June 12, 2010

Eggs and All Things Wonderful

What happened to the system of biggest meal
in the morning, and smallest in the evening?
I mean, It makes complete sense really. Going to bed on a full stomach is so bad for you 
and uncomfortable. 
If you start your day off right, meal wise (aka, no cereal. Cept for maybe on special
occasions), you shouldn't be starving throughout the day. 
All that food helps your metabolism to get going, and wakes up your mind 
for all the thought processes that you'll 
go through in the day, as well as aids any physical 
activity.


So, today, I enacted that system, and was delighted! 

I always forget how much I love cooking, when I am busy with school and work,
and lack the time to actually explore new recipes or
make old favorites. 
I could quite easily do something in the culinary arts along with my
art degree. 

Recently, I have had a renewed passion for eggs;
poaching, soft boiling,  hard boiling, frying, scrambling, sunny side up... 
I love pairing eggs with bright fruits and veggies,
and arranging them just so,
to both please the eyes and water the mouth. 



1 comment:

The Mrs. said...

That is just gorgeous! And you are so right! We don't celebrate breakfast enough!