Monday, June 07, 2010

Gluten-Free Snacking

Hello all,
For a while now, I have wanted
to post on a few delicious gluten-free snacks that I have
discovered.
So without further adieu:

These are one of my favorites. There are so many wonderful
flavors! I have seen them a few places, like our local health food store
and Trader Joes.

These can even be found at Walmart, believe it or not, 
and Starbucks.

 I love LOVE these. They are perfect with some 
"Mediterranean Humus" from Trader Joes. I think the olive 
and "everything" (like the everything bagel) flavored ones are the best.
These can be found at Starbucks. At least that is
the only place that I have found them.
Eating them, make me feel like I am a bird,
however, they are truly good.

This was my last find, a few days ago, and they aren't bad!
I still prefer the LaraBars over the Perfect Foods Bar,
but they aren't bad. I found this one
at our local health food and vitamin store.

 Another Trader Joes Find. Its a bit like Captain Crunch,
in that it can have a tendency to rip up the
roof of your mouth, if you dont let it soak for a few minutes,
Even then, the outside is softer but the inside never
loses its crunch.

You can't see it very well, but next to one of those
little red checks, says "gluten free" I love
rice checks. They are good to throw in a little snack baggy
and munch on where ever. And you can make "Puppy Food" with them.
I think there is another name for it. But I grew up with family
calling it that and can't seem to remember the name of the sacks thats
actually on the back of the box (the recipe for the Puppy Food 
is on the back... is it called munchies or something like that?)
I think Puppy Food sounds better.

I am sure that you could find any one of these,
at other places than I have discovered them. I have been running into gluten free food a lot lately.
And where it is not as much as "normal" food, 
it is still pleasantly surprising to even find a few things.


2 comments:

jordie said...

I love Gorilla Munch. (: Haha and you are so right, it DOES rip up the roof of your mouth....
...oo and I love Puppy Chow too! Mmmm. I usually hate powdered sugar, but my R.A. made a big bowl of it for the girls on the floor around exam time and I was so so happy.

Amandolin said...

I am not a fan of powdered sugar either, but I LOVE LOVE Puppy Chow.