Thursday, May 20, 2010

The END Draws Near!



Thank goodness!
The end of classes! (officially today)
Though this means the beginning of finals week. 
However, I never fear finals week. There is such a hushed calm
about the campus, that even the most routey regulars respect.
I am mentally prepared for my English final, almost done with my art final (waiting on 
and an email from my art teacher),
I need some studying for math (but as I find it much better to study the night before
and day of a test, that shall wait), 
and my dance final will be as easy as cherry pie. 
(I've never understood that phrase. Making a homemade cherry pie is 
true work, though pleasant during and pleasing afterward).

I am so looking forward to furthering my artful talents,
checking off books on my summer reading list, with a dear friend (her blog),
and surfing both water and sand.
Most of the time, I dread the after affect that the finishing of a semester leaves
you with: the strange hole that burns in the very front of your
brain, telling you that you have a math test tomorrow, and an essay due the day after that,
and loads of reading. As well as the waking up
at 6 a.m. out of habit OR the waking up at a lovely, late hour,
and running into the shower, out the door, in your car and down your street
before you realize that you AREN'T late for class, as there is no class! 
(yes, I have done this). 
Or even the fact that you feel like you HAVE to do something
when you really don't.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for the end of the semester AND summer. Two gifts tied nicely under one ribbon, happiness!

jordie said...

Haha love, the second I read "as easy as cherry pie," I though "I wonder why people say that, good cherry pie is far from easy to make."

<3