Thursday, May 13, 2010

Pepole Watching and Bulbs

Just a moment ago, I was sitting on my porch sipping coffee and people watching 
(As I am well hidden on my porch in my black sweater).
Two little kids with rusty, old metal pipes came 
into my view. The little boy was struggling with jamming the pipe in his
bike so that he didn't have to carry it.
This made me really nervous, as the end facing outward was
very sharp. I ended up saying a silent prayer 
for safety over the little ones with their sharp rusty, old poles. 
The two were joined by a third on a bike
just as the little boy had finished pounding his pole into
his bike with his friends weapon.
They were soon out of view as they scampered off on whatever their
mission was (I did hear the third child ask if something was found, which the answer to was 
no).
All the while, the guy whose house the little kids had stopped 
infront of, was watering his grass quietly. 
Soon, another man came out of the house of the lawn guy,
and rode away on roller blades, with to boxers on leashes (he does this frequently).
A random survey guy muttering to himself and searching out
a new house to make his victim (no doubt he was muttering about how 
no one takes his survey, and how he wish he
were home with some homemade bread and soup).

Then I happened to look up at our porch light,
it is such a gross color:
a brownish orange that fades into a sickly yellow towards the top
of the bulb. How gross. Is it discolored from age?
Or did the previous occupants in this house actually pay money
for such an ugly bulb. I never did understand those yellow bulbs. They make everyone
look a sickly yellow,
and make every shadow a lurking preditor. They should be
banned from every store,
and made completely unavailable to anyone. No one should buy those
gross things (nor the bluish ones either. Those ones make even the prettiest person look
not quite so pretty. Though the color of the light itself is lovely).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah that sounds so relaxing.. I wish I were there to share the moment. Soon enough, God willing :)
I can't wait till next month when you come to share in the Summer months with me!

Amandolin said...

Neither can I! It is going to be so much fun:) There are endless possibilities of things we can do:)