Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sleepless In Seattle

I love this movie. I love laying in bed at night with a cup of tea, and 
placing my complete, undivided attention on this
movie. Watching for all the little details
that make it just that much better. Be it an ever so slight, whimsical facial expression,
or noticing all of Annie's (Meg's) different shoes throughout the
movie. I know it sounds silly. 


There are very few movies that I can and do, do this with. 
And, even though the clothing style of this movie
dates back to the early 90's, I still adore it:
the loose fishtail braids
the dresses
the generally (overall) sweet look...
I guess that there is something to be said for the people who never
progress past their childhood era (or the era of some pivotal
point in their life). Like those
people with mullets, acid wash jeans
and tattered t-shirts, who are (obviously) stuck in the 80's.
Perhaps, I will always find something attractive about the clothing during 
the early 90's era. 

More than that, I think that I just adore Meg Ryan. 
"You've Got Mail" & "When Harry Met Sally" & "French Kiss" are three more
of my favorite Meg Ryan movies.
(though I think that Sleepless and You've Got Mail rise a little more
above Harry + Sally and French Kiss. Maybe because I wasn't allowed to be acquainted 
with those two until I was 14 or 15. 
The sweet spot in my heart is more
toward the other two. However, this does not diminish the fact that 
I still like Harry + Sally and French Kiss. 
They just aren't as old of friends as Sleepless and You've Got Mail).

No comments: